A Selection Of Good Doctoral Thesis Topics About Pope John Paul 2
There are several interesting and good doctoral thesis topics covered on Pope John Paul II. Also known as Ioannes Paulus PP. II in Latin and as Giovanni Paolo II in Italian, the Blessed John Paul was originally born as Karol Józef Wojtyla, being Polish. He was born on 18th May 1920 and died 2nd April, 2005. He reigned as the Roman Catholic Church Pope from 1978 till his death in 2005. He made history as the first non-Italian Pope since 1523. He also made history as the second-longest serving Pope. John Paul II was a charismatic figure who is acknowledged as one of the most influential leaders and personalities of the 20th century.
When it comes to the successful end of Communist rule in Poland where he comes from and the whole of Europe, he played a very prominent role. The Pope worked tirelessly in improving the Roman Catholic Church’s relationship with Islam, Judaism, the Anglican Communion and the Eastern Orthodox Church. Although John Paul II is widely praised for his firm and orthodox Catholic stances, there are other issues on which he has been criticized.
Still on good doctoral thesis topics about Pope John Paul II, some of the controversial issues in which some people pitched against him include the Roman Catholic’s teachings against artificial contraception, ordination of women and his support for the Roman Catholic Church’s Second Vatican Council. With this introduction made, some of the good topics include the following:
- The Church as the Bride of Christ in Magisterial teaching from Leo XIII to John Paul II: This paper offers a unique window that analyzes the mystery of the Catholic Church while at the same time, disclosing the dynamic ecclesial identity which every Catholic is supposed to live by.
- Fostering the patrimony of the Order of Friars Minor Capuchin: A study in the mutual responsibility of the Order and the Apostolic See: This thesis studies the 1983 Code of Canon Law in relation to the Apostolic See and the Order of Friars Minor Capuchin with emphasis on four major elements which are itinerancy, pluriformity, equality and fraternity.
- Diplomatic activity in service of papal teaching, the promotion of religious freedom in relations with selected Islam states during the pontificate of John Paul II: This is a paper that focuses on the diplomatic agreements between the Holy See and the four Islamic states of Cote d’Ivoire, Egypt, Morocco and Kazakhstan during the pontificate of John Paul II. This paper sees this agreement as instruments for giving legal form to the pontiff’s magisterial teaching on religious freedom.
Other doctoral thesis topics include:
- Pope John Paul II's Understanding Of Education In Moral Values And Its Application To Catholic Secondary Education In Present-Day Nicaragua
- Towards A Theology Of Suffering The Contribution Of Karol Wojtyla/John Paul II
- Woman As Mother And Wife In The African Context Of The Family In The Light Of John Paul II'sAnthropological And Theological Foundation: The Case Reflected Within The Bantu And Nilotic Tribes Of Kenya
- Sabbath/Sunday: their spiritual dimensions in the light of selected Jewish and Christian discussions